Friday, June 09, 2006

Son of Favorite Panel Friday


And this is only one panel out of a whole issue filled with weirdness.

This little nugget of joy from The Exterminators #6 is a pretty good example of why the title has become one of my favorites. It's a comic that seems to get more comfortable with itself every month, and I like that it self-assuredly takes its time spinning out a whacky storyline while dropping itchy little clues in the middle of what has been, from start to finish, one over-the-top scene after another. It's pure sci-fi/horror fun with a sense of humor.

Oh, and ruthless corporate lesbians.

The Exterminators #6: Writer, Simon Oliver; Penciller, Tony Moore

3 comments:

Eric said...

Hee hee, I think it is funny you chose this panel, for some reason it didn't freak me out at all. I think there are a few cultures that regularly eat ants. Bug s are actually a good source of crunchy protein. The whole FunDip idea with honey and ants is genius though!

I've been pretty iffy with the corporate women who are into the girl-on-girl action in the workplace, but we'll see how that pans out for me. The rest of Exterminators is kicking ass and taking names as far I'm concerned though. Thanks for all of the many loans! You are THE MAN! GO MEXICO!

Nel Pastel said...

3-1, baby!

Yeah, I'm digging Exterminators and I'm really looking forward to the next issue - the cover looks hilarious.

Actually, I chose this panel for the looks on Henry's and Slim's faces. I like that they're having this conversation that, on the face of it, is almost a non sequitor, yet they're still a little weirded out by another colleague.

Really, this panel sums up the vibe of the book pretty well.

Did I ever tell you that I ate crickets during my last visit to El Paso? The big ones were kinda chewy, but the smaller ones were nice and crunchy.

Eric said...

Mmmm crispitty crunchitty crickets, I would totally eat bugs if they were properly prepared. It is all about prep with most foods though as far as I'm concerned. Anything can be dag nasty or amazingly delicious depending on how it is made.

You're totally right about the panel too. I guess, from your initial description of it in the main post, I thought you had chosen it as an example of one of the over-the-top scenes you were referencing. This one does have much more of the subtle juxtoposition of the freaky, the humorous, and the mundane that the book specializes in so very well though.