Friday, June 16, 2006

Favorite Panel Friday: The Heretic


Whew! Just made it!

I know a lot of the talk this week has been about a certain unveiling on the Marvel side of the street, but for me it was mostly kind of ... eh. Seriously, half his enemies already knew his identity.

This panel from Green Lantern Corps #1 was the one that grabbed me. It's a classic superhero scene, and the Green Lanterns have always been a favorite of mine. Top it off with the fact that I'm really developing a soft spot for Soranik on the left there (sorry, Hawkgirl, but I hate what Howard Chaykin's doing to you) and this one's a winner. Bonus: The guy on the right is like a GL from Planet of the Apes! If you're going to read a superhero comic, THIS is what it should look like when you open it up.

Sorry, Spidey.

Green Lantern Corps #1: Writer, Dave Gibbons; Art, Patrick Gleason and Prentis Rollins

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I actually read this one! Had to buy it to get the ring you know. I think I'll read the next issue but I'm not hooked yet.

And whatcha doing insulting Spidey? Pah!

Nel Pastel said...

Those rings are the awesomest. I can't believe he didn't order a huge bag of 'em. Anyway, you should go back and read "Green Lantern Corps: Recharge;" it introduces the main characters and puts the Corps in a perspective I've never really seen before. I'm actually enjoying it more than the solo GL book.

And I love Spidey! He used to be one of my favorites, if not THE favorite. But then there were clones, and now there's some sort of "spider-totem" crap and the "iron spider" suit. Blech. I'm tired of the gimmicks - just tell a good story, Marvel.

I knew you could read! Other people had their doubts, but I saw you struggling with a kid's menu once, so I had faith.

Anonymous said...

Eh, I just stick to Ultimate Spidey.

And yes! I can read! I work in a comic book shop you fool!