Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Tip of the iceberg


By the way, 500,000 marching in Los Angeles? Beautiful and powerful and meaningful - everything people should be. Often I'm frustrated, but sometimes I'm damn proud.

But please keep in mind, especially you folks in the media:

Immigrant does not equal Latino or Hispanic

Latino or Hispanic does not equal Mexican

Latino or Hispanic certainly does not equal "illegal"

Pride in heritage does not equal disloyalty to nation, especially in a nation built on immigration

Photo: AFP

4 comments:

Lopez! said...

After seeing these demonstrations (from Dallas, to Atlanta, to LA, etc.) I don't really care how they call us. Yes, we're all Mexican, and yes, we're all Latinos, and yes we're all Hispanic and illegal and brown. So what?
At least now they know ... SOMOS UN CHINGO!

¡Brownies para todos!

Nel Pastel said...

Ha ha! You goof, you made me laugh out loud! Somos un chingo, y somos muy chingones!

Eric said...

Dammit, I hate my crappy textbook-Spanish education. I'm so dependent on Babelfish. We are a what? And we are very what?

I ain't touching that tip though...heh, heh, he said touch the tip...heh, heh...yah, yah, just the tip, heh, heh, yah, yah...

Anonymous said...

Check out your hometown paper today: It's got walkouts galore PLUS continuing Blue Beetle coverage.