Thursday, March 16, 2006

Cthulhu research alert!

From the Newspaper Tree:

The first big drug lord in the area was a Chinese man named Sam Hing, who peddled opium out of a fake business locale that was situated somewhere in the vicinity of what is now the intersection of Paisano Drive and Oregon Street, according to Juárez newspaper archives and Juárez city historian Ignacio Esparza-Marín. He said between 1910 and 1920 in Juárez there were places where not only opium was ingested, but also morphine and cocaine.

As always in the modern drug trade, there was a hostile takeover. In the mid-1920s, 11 Chinese immigrants dedicated to the sale of narcotics were murdered in Juárez. Their deaths were ordered by a married Juárez couple, a woman named Ignacia Jasso, nicknamed “La Nacha,” and her husband Pablo González, called “El Pablote.”


I hope this helps my fellow nerds. I thought it had some details that might help you beef up your campaign (or whatever it's called).

=)

4 comments:

Eric said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nel Pastel said...

"Or whatever it's called" - yeah, right!

I'm not going to push, but this just shows me that you would really have a feel for the game, and I truly think you would have fun. If you joined us, well, I think that'd be pretty neato. And you really would be the perfect balance with the rest of the group!

This really is good stuff, too! Heh, heh, hehhhh ...

And you know I'm going to start calling you "La Nacha," right?

Eric said...

This comment was originally posted before and above Nel's, but then I realized I had broken the first rule of Bean-o-rama club therein. Stupid Blogger will not let you edit your comment after it's posted, you have to delete it if you want to change it. Sigh. Original comment follows:

Please play with us Lopez!. Please. Please. Really please. I'll let you beat me with a sock of pennies the whole time. I REALLY think you would enjoy it and we need more balance in our force, balance that your character could bring to us. Balance that ONLY your character could bring.

C'mon, how can you read this tale and not be drawn in? Now I'm worried about exactly what Nel Pastel has planned for our little team of freaks though. That mid-1920s is too vague. I could easily interpret that as 1927—which would mean BIG trouble in little China for us…

Eric said...

You ask ONE little thing of me and I forget in like a month. GAWD I'm such a fucking idiot (no demure little symbols for me here—I NEED the emphasis of the full expletive).