Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Jillian & Ian tie the knot, Austin-style


God almighty! Sometimes it seems like there's nothing to write about, everything's boring and it's a struggle to find anything to say. This isn't one of those times.

People are getting pregnant and having babies all over the place (Yay for Milo! Yay for Kyle and Christy! Happy birthday and congratulations! There's a full post coming soon - we love you guys!), Halloween just made an appearance and we went to a discordian/Halloween wedding. That we weren't technically invited to, but welcomed at anyway.

The fact that a wedding like this could even happen is why I love Austin. It took place at a locally owned coffee shop (an empty lot nearby, actually), people were encouraged to come in costume, part of the ceremony was a guy quoting Robert Anton Wilson (complete with somersault), and the vows pretty much consisted of, "Do you? And do you? Rock on, you're married!" That's almost a direct quote.

And the great thing is it felt as legitimate and familial as any other wedding I've ever attended. Plus, with a few exceptions, a lot more fun.

Our best to the happy couple; truly, we hope you both rock on!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I just realized I'm one of your links, I kick ass!

The wedding was fun. Anytime you get to go anywhere in costume is fun. Yes, anywhere.

Nel Pastel said...

I'm not even sure how to react to your extreme dorkiness - and technically, it's our links that kick ass. Ha! And we'll add the Cantaloupe Bliss site in there someday.

Costumes are fun! I never understand the people who can't get into Halloween.

Anonymous said...

This coming from someone who didn't dress up. =P

What do you mean dorkiness?!

Nel Pastel said...

I did dress up ... at work ... the Friday before ... umm ... don't judge me, woman!

And I thought my sneetch costume was awesome.

Eric said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nel Pastel said...

Oh yeah, my camera loves Lisa. It calls her and hangs up, and then writes bad poetry all night. It's pathetic.

Eric said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I was wondering who that was calling all the time. *shake fist*

Why does your friend no longer think I'm dreamy? =(

Eric said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nel Pastel said...

Oh man - I gotta tell you, this is hi-larious!

OK, for the record, the most recently deleted comment was from E (and I hope he doesn't mind me relaying this) saying that he still thinks you're dreamy, in a completely platonic way. The only problem was he used my given name, so he scrapped it.

Basically I teased him before, to the point that he felt like a dirty lech and bombed his own comments. My capacity for evil knows no bounds.

Personally, Lisa, I think you're just not considered dreamy now that his meds have worn off. But that could just be me.

Anonymous said...

Dammit! Why does that always happen? I need to keep people better drugged.

You evil, evil bastard.

Eric said...

Still dreamy (with afore-mentioned assurances of platonic intent)! No more typing from me, it ends in horror!