Friday, December 09, 2005

Crisis of Infinite Geeks

I don’t know exactly when it happened, but somewhere along the way I reached a geeky critical mass. Here’s the most recent evidence:

Every Tuesday night, I help with the comic book pull at the shop I used to work at, filling files for subscribers and helping put the “new wall” together for the next day. You might have noticed the phrase “used to work at.” I haven’t worked there in about a year, but I still go almost every Tuesday because I love being in a comic book shop.

I’m going to start GMing a “Call of Cthulhu” RPG sometime in January. I’ve never GM’d before, but I’m ridiculously excited about it. I’m not going to spell any of those acronyms because I feel dorky enough just typing that out.

See this? It’s a mini I painted for the other RPG I’m already playing, this one based in a Lord of the Rings/Conan setting. I play a dwarf. You heard me – a dwarf. And I’ve got a kick-ass ax that does all kinds of crazy damage. This is the first mini I’ve even painted, and I’m pretty pleased with it. I’m also geeky enough that I’m going to subject people to multiple pictures of it. Nyaah!

There’s probably a ton of other examples of rampant nerdiness, but I’m starting to depress myself. Good thing I’ve got that “Jonah Hex” collection to cheer me up.


Close up! And a look at my dwarf from behind;yes, I posed him with an orc. Shut up.

No comments: