Thursday, December 22, 2005

A classic, illustrated

Whoops - it's been a while since either one of us posted. Things have been busy on our end since the holidays are putting things in a crunch at work, especially since Lopez! and I are going on vacation next week and need to have everything done before we go.

That's right suckers! Starting tonight, we're on vacation for nine days! Woo-hoo! We're taking the laptop, so expect the occasional family-and-friend oriented post.

Speaking of friends, something funny happened last week. A co-worker buddy and I were talking in my office, and he mentioned his tattoos.

Wait, hold on. OK, first of all, everyone in my department has an office, mostly because our area is essentially one long hallway and they don't want anyone sitting in the middle of the walkway. Also, every office has one large window facing the hall and a door that's basically a big window with a wooden frame and a knob. Cool. Back to our story.

So I tell E, "Oh, I didn't know you had any tattoos. What are they?"

He begins to describe them - it's mostly a take on Egyptian iconograpy - but he was having trouble describing one of them.

He looks down the hall out my window and says, "Shit, let me just show you," and lifts his shirt up to his neck so I can see the tat on his chest.

And my supervisor walks by.

She comes in saying, "What are you guys doing?" She was laughing, but at the same time you could tell she thought she was walking in on some cowboy movie. We laughed and told her what was going on. We all laughed and she left.

We both agreed it would be a good idea if he didn't show me the tattoo on his leg.

Merry Christmas, everybody!

No comments: