Thursday, February 15, 2007

Be a dude

Hello, Public-at-Large - I've got a favor to ask. I know it's awkward, and it seems silly to even bring it up, but if you notice that I've got something hanging out of my nose can you please tell me?

Yes, it can be a little uncomfortable. But believe me, the ripple of embarrassment you feel is nothing compared to the groaning chagrin that comes from catching a reflection of yourself and noticing a righteous nose-goblin gripping the rim of your nostril.

Come on - I'd do it for you.

I've never understood this attitude of it somehow being better if everyone just pretends somthing's not there. Dont' be a jerk about it, but wouldn't it be better to have a moment of polite discomfort rather than look into a mirror and wonder, "How long has THAT been there?"

So I'm asking you - as a fellow member of society, as someone who's been there, as a friend - let me know if you see bats in the cave. Lopez! can't be on boogie-duty all the time.

By the way ... I came down with a cold this morning, so someone's going to have to pull a double-shift.

2 comments:

Eric said...

Oh man I'm so sorry I missed that! I would have ridiculed you to be sure, but at least you would have known...I've been so out of it I probably would notice if YOUR boog was attached to MY face though...

Nel Pastel said...

Ha - naw, man, this is something I thought about writing down a couple of days ago. It's really just a pet peeve of mine. That and peach-flavored foods that aren't peaches.