Thursday, August 17, 2006

Con safo

Since I grew up and lived most of my adult life in El Paso, I like to consider myself an expert on graffiti. Gang tags, spray-paint murals and bathroom scrawls - I've seen it all. According to authorities, graffiti is on the rise in Austin, which is a shame and a blemish I hope we can get a handle on before it becomes something beyond control.

But, if you're going to do it, for Christ's sake do it right. When Lopez! and I went to dinner earlier today I made a side-trip to the bathroom, and as I washed my hands I noticed someone had written on the frame of the mirror:

EAT MORE CARROTS!

And then they drew one, with flowing, flowery stems sprouting from the top.

That's just wrong.

3 comments:

Eric said...

OH fucksicles yes, I'm SO starting a vegan tagging gang...it's onnnnnnn beeatch!

Nel Pastel said...

I just imagine it took this guy a half-hour to do his veggie tag because he couldn't hold his arm up for more than a few seconds at a time. "Too ... weak ... must take ... supplement ... urrrgh ..." Heh.

But if I start seeing "Vive le broccoli" everywhere, I'll know who to blame.

Eric said...

Soy4lifeplaya